We’re well on the way to welcoming 2020, which means it’s time to give serious consideration to safety tips for New Year’s Eve in Lubbock, TX. It’s a night for celebration, but not everyone will make the best choices, meaning you need to be extra cautious while making party plans.
At The Law Office of Rob Biggers, we want to wish you a happy new year—and if you find yourself in need of an attorney, we’ll be here to help. Here are our best tips to make sure you have the best-ever New Year’s in Lubbock, TX:
- Plan ahead: New Year’s Eve is not a time to see where the night takes you. Most places sell tickets well ahead of time, which means it’s prudent to make your plans, buy tickets and decide how you’d like the night to go well in advance.
- Have a designated driver: Many people love to drink on New Year’s, whether it’s champagne toasts at a black-tie party or Miller High Life at their favorite dive. The most important part is that you not drive when you’ve had a drink—even buzzed driving is drunk driving. Don’t start 2020 with a DUI.
- Drink safely: If you’re past your college years, you probably know all about the dangers of drinking, but it bears repeating. Keep your drinking to about a one-drink-per-hour maximum, never leave your beverage unattended and never accept drinks from strangers. While most people are trustworthy, it only takes one bad experience to generate devastating consequences.
- Make sure you eat: Wherever you go, be sure to soak that alcohol up with food. Not only will it help you balance your alcohol intake, but the last thing you want is to feel dizzy and shaky from hunger right before the ball drops.
- Have a consensual midnight kiss: If you’re not bringing a date, by all means, find someone to kiss at midnight—but make sure it’s consensual, first. Pro-tip: if your potential kissing partner doesn’t find a well-timed, “May I kiss you?” charming, then they’re not worth your time. Start the new year off right by making sure you get an enthusiastic “yes!”
- Know how you’re getting home: Finally, it’s important that you plan for getting home safely. Look into shuttles, free towing assistance and other services that will ensure only sober drivers are on the road. Rideshare and taxi services are often booked all night long, so plan to either leave early or stay late—and tip well.
We wish you the safest and happiest New Year’s Eve in Lubbock, TX to date!
The Law Office of Rob Biggers is passionate about keeping our friends, family and clients safe during New Year’s Eve celebrations and beyond. If you need an attorney, our firm specializes in family and criminal law, ensuring our clients get the fair and just outcomes they seek from their legal pursuits. Get in touch with us today to arrange a consultation or learn more about our firm. We look forward to serving you.
**This Blog/Website is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog/website you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Website publisher. The Blog/Website should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.**
Categorised in: DWI