Thorough Defense Tailored to Your Unique Needs
The term ‘theft’ covers a wide and diverse array of crimes ranging from the less serious misdemeanor charges, such as petty theft, to those with much more severe consequences such as robbery. As a highly experienced Lubbock theft crime lawyer, I am able to work with my clients and help them to understand their case and what they are facing.
My role as a guide for my clients is something that I take extremely seriously. After sitting down with them to get a complete picture of their situation, and doing an investigation of my own, I provide a straightforward breakdown of their case.
Contact my firm today to get started with your consultation.
Types of Theft Crimes
At The Law Office of Rob Biggers, I am proud to help clients build their case against many different types of theft charges.
There are several types of theft that my team can help clients to address, such as:
- Petty Theft
- Grand Theft
- Car Theft
- Armed Robbery
Penalties for a Conviction
The unifying feature of all theft crimes is the unlawful taking of another person’s property. Whether the crime is charged as a misdemeanor or a felony will generally depend on the value of the stolen property, as well as the manner in which it was stolen, such as if violence or threat of violence was used.
The classifications of theft crimes are as follows:
- Class C Misdemeanor: value less than $100 stolen, not jailable, up to $500 in fines
- Class B Misdemeanor: $100-$750 stolen, up to 180 days in county jail, up to $2,000 in fines
- Class A Misdemeanor: $750-$2,500 stolen, up to 1 year in county jail, up to $4,000 in fines
- State Jail Felony: $2,500-$30,000 stolen, 180 days to 2 years in state jail, up to $10,000 in fines
- Third-degree felony: $30,000-$150,000 stolen, 2-10 years in state prison, up to $10,000 in fines
- Second-degree felony: $150,000-$300,000 stolen, 2-20 years in prison, up to $10,000 in fines
- First-degree felony: $300,000 or more stolen, 5-99 years in prison, up to $10,000 in fines
Get Representation Today
No matter how serious or complex your case may be, I have the dedication and skill you need to get the job done. Call me today at 806-368-7728 to speak to a theft crimes attorney in Lubbock County who can give you the help you need!